Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Far More Serious Historian

We in the kidlitosphere usually think of J.L. Bell as being a kidlit guy because of his blog Oz and Ends. But he's also a history guy who was quoted in The Boston Globe recently in relation to the historical accuracy of a certain HBO series. You know. John Adams.

I finally went over and took a look at Mr. Bell's other blog Boston 1775. I am now embarrassed to have called myself a history geek here, since I know he sometimes drops by. The difference between J.L. Bell and myself is that he reads history and I...occassionally...read about history. He's a primary source reader, and I'm a secondary source reader.

Believe it or not, though, I am interested in smallpox in pre-Revolutionary times. As luck would have it, Boston 1775 has a post on same. Who knows what other great stuff is over there?

No comments:

Apple views